Headaches and Migraines
It is no secret that chiropractic gets incredible results with headaches and migraines. This is one of the most common conditions that people seek chiropractors for. For those who have never experienced headaches, they just can’t understand how devastating they are.
Misalignments in the neck, muscle spasms, nerve pressure and abnormal blood flow can all be underlying causes behind chronic headaches and migraines.
Here are the top five holistic remedies you can do to alleviate headaches.
- Drink plenty of water – make sure you start your mornings out with water. A good rule of thumb is to drink half of your body weight (lbs) in ounces every day.
- Get enough sleep – Chronic fatigue is a huge factor that leads to headaches. Make sure you are getting 7-9 hours of sleep every night. Consistency is extremely important. Try to get in the habit of going to sleep and waking up at the same time.
- Mindfulness – Prayer and meditation help decrease stress in our lives. Make sure you are getting enough quiet time each day to prepare yourself for all that life can throw at you.
- Posture – bad posture is not only unattractive, it is destroying our health. Your head should be up right, over your shoulders, with your chin level with the ground. Make sure your butt is at the back of the chair and feet are on the ground. looking down at your phone while texting can put 60 pounds of pressure at the base of your neck. This will cause the muscles at the base of the skull to get very tight and can set on headaches.
- Get checked by a chiropractor! – a thorough examination of the neck is the best place to start. In our office, we will do a thorough consultation, spinal evaluation, neurological scans and any necessary x-rays. With all of this information, we will be able to find out exactly what’s causing your headaches in the first place. Once we find out what’s causing your headaches and remove that cause, you can get back to living your life to the fullest.
Find a time that works best for you!